Wednesday 24 April 2013

Short update (inc progress pictures)


A distinct lack of posts lately, work and wanting to do a few jobs around the house has been keeping me busy. I've been sorting the garden out for summer, decking has been put down and I've been making it look like somewhere I'd want to sit and enjoy the lighter nights ... an area to use my kettlebells and hopefully re-start the Vlogs again- multipurpose decking ha ha.

I've been fortunate to have received some Creatine to try and blog about, not from the manufacturer but from a supplier. The creatine is the new Onslaught by Grenade, I was expecting a load of ingredients and massive paragraph of nutritional mumbo jumbo about loading, but it doesn't have one. Grenade seems to have kept it quite simple, as a creatine product should be.

In the past I've only managed to use creatine effectively when it’s been an active ingredient within a protein shake (maximuscle cyclone) it was expensive but after a month of using it I was fully saturated, lifting more as they say 'the proof is in the pudding' -the proof was in the pushing and pulling in my case.

I had my first serving today, it's a drink- I have both the raspberry and Fruit punch flavour, and to be honest it tastes nice and mixes really well, I'd go as far as saying I will look forward to drinking it.

Semi sales pitch over with.

I have finished my 10 week lean gain phase, here’s the picture again.



                                              66kg                                                 71kg 


I have just completed a 2 week mini cut where I went from approximately 71.5kg to 69kg.This was an interesting time for me, I didn't feel like I put a lot of fat on but I could tell it was getting that way, pretty much after 4 days of reduced kcals I had started to lean up and changes could be seen on the lower abdomen. I’m now going to start the lean gain phase again, 8-12 weeks of muscle building fun.



69kg

On another note the whole lean gain phase thing is part of my long term plan. I’m going to continue with this phase for at least 12 months, maybe even until the start of 2015! It’s for the greater good, although the urge to get shredded for summer is playing on my mind. I have to remember…this may sound arrogant but it is what it is. In fact, I would like it on my tombstone

“Even when bulking- I’m beach ready”.

On that sombre note, I bid you all adieu.

Remember – Do compound lifts, swings kettlebells, eat enough to support your training goals but not too much you get fat, stay healthy, be intriguing but not always intrigued and as always share my posts ;) 


On Thursday the 25th of April I'm going to run a little competition, nothing massive, but I have a tub of Grenade's AT4 to give away. To win all you have to do is subscribe to the blog- simples, if you are already a subscriber then all you have to do is drop an email in the contact me section saying that you are already a subscriber (you may have to be on a desktop to do this or use the web version on your mobile) and that will be your entry. I'm not expecting mass involvement so the chances of winning are reasonably high. I have some grenade flapjacks that I will give away for 2nd & 3rd place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment